It is important for you as a network engineer to learn Linux!
Why? There are many reasons including:
1) A lot of network operating systems are based on Linux, or have a Linux shell you can access, or use Linux type commands. I'll show you an example using Cisco, Arista and Cumulus Linux.
2) Network Automation tools such as Ansible don't run the command node on Windows. You are probably going to use Linux with tools such as Ansible, Netmkio, NAPALM and other network automation tools.
3) SDN controllers such as OpenDaylight, ONOS, RYU and APIC-EM run on Linux.You will find that many SDN tools require Linux.
4) DevOps tools such as git work best with Linux.
5) IoT devices typically run Linux
6) A new breed of network devices from companies like Facebook, Microsoft and Cumulus Linux use Linux.
There are even more reasons, but make sure you don't get left behind! You as a network engineer start learning Linux.
This course teaches foundational Linux knowledge without assuming that you have any Linux experience. Learn practically with GNS3!
Learn how to configure Linux networking, how to create users and assign permissions, how to install and run Linux services such as DNS and DHCP.
The course uses various GNS3 topologies with devices such as:
1) Linux Docker containers
2) Linux GNS3 QEMU virtual machines
3) Traditional Linux virtual mahcines
4) Network devices - you could use Cisco, Arista, Cumulus Linux or others
Do you want to see something else added to the course? Just let me know. I like to get your feedback on ways I can improve the course and add more content that you think is relevant.
Your GNS3 Academy Instructor
David Bombal (CCIE #11023 Emeritus) passed his Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching exam in January 2003. David has the highest rated and most popular course in the GNS3 Academy: SDN and OpenFlow Introduction.
David's software tools and training have been downloaded +100,000 times. Many thousands of engineers like you use his tools and training on a regular basis.
David has developed over 20 courses for HP which are used worldwide. These include multiple SDN courses and HP ASE certification courses (4 day Instructor led training).
David's YouTube videos have been viewed +1 million times.
David has been training Cisco and networking courses for 15+ years and has delivered instructor led courses in various countries around the world covering a wide range of Cisco topics from CCNA to CCIE.
He has also personally developed Cisco engineer utilities such as the VPN Config Generator, software, training materials, EBooks, videos and other products which are used throughout the world.