Cisco Firepower API Programming with Python
Learn everything you need to know to start scripting with Python for the Cisco Firepower API today
This course is designed to get you started programming the Firepower API with python today. I provide all the information and resources you need to get started including fully functional scripts. I provide instructions on how to set up a lab so you can follow along with the course.
Whether you are a network engineer looking to learning how to write some scripts for tasks that take a lot of your time, or a programmer interested in learning how to interact with the Firepower API, you will get everything you need to get going in this course. This course includes over two hours of video instruction as well as resource links and downloadable python scripts.
Things you will learn
- How to set up a functional lab with an FMC and FTD
- How to use the Firepower API with the API Explorer
- How to GET POST PUT and DELETE in the API Explorer
- How to find meaningful data in the API Explorer
- How authentication to the API works
- How to authenticate to the API with Python
- How to register new devices with Python
- How to create and delete access rules with Python
- How to create objects with Python
- How to delete rules, objects and rules with Python
I provide fully functioning python scripts for each of these actions for you to download, modify and use.
Your GNS3 Academy Instructor
Chris Frisch is an IT consultant that specializes in network infrastructure technology. He is owner and Senior Engineer at Tactical Technology Solutions. Chris holds a degree in science and technology and holds Certifications from Cisco, Avaya, Fortinet, as well as Juniper JNCIA-Junos, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL and JNCIS-SEC. Chris has designed networks and configured firewalls, routers, L2 switches, L3 routing switches, SSL VPN Appliances and phone systems for enterprise networks. Chris is now sharing some of his knowledge and experience in producing a Juniper training series to help other engineers get certified and learn Juniper products.